Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Qoriqancha Fail

3-15-11

Oh hello there! So I had a surprise today in that we got the afternoon free! The speaker who was supposed to come today lives in Manu, and because of the heavy rains there and roads getting wiped out, he was unable to make it. He will come on Friday instead. Spanish went well as always and we reviewed more things that I already knew, but I appreciate reviewing grammar rules before having to write a massive forty-page research paper in Spanish! These notes will be a nice back-up to rely on when I’m writing. We read a fictional story about how Hatred gathers all of the Malevolent Beings and Emotions together and gives them the task of killing Love. (This reminded me a little of Paradise Lost) Anyway, they all fail until this mysterious Emotion dressed in black with a hat covering his face says he’ll kill Love right away. The big reveal in the last sentence is that this mysterious thing is ROUTINE. Bum bum bum!

I went home and had a yummy lunch and played with Sebas, then I went to go meet Lauren to go to Qoriqancha, an Incan temple that was dismantled and built upon by the Spaniards. It’s right on the Avenida del Sol. Lauren decided not to go and work instead, so I took a combi to the center, mailed some postcards, found a book store (finally!!) and considered buying The Elephant’s Journey by Jose Saramago, then headed over to the museum of Qoriqancha. I bought a Boleto Turistico that allows you to go to various sites with just this one ticket, then went entered the museum. To my surprise a bunch of other girls were there too! The museum itself was fairly underwhelming and apparently the ticket does not actually allow you to get into Qoriqancha (lame!) so then we sort of just wandered around town for a long time. It was really nice! I love wandering. We meant to go to other museums, but missed them. I did, however, buy some nice presents for people at home. In our wandering we found a nice volunteering opportunity with kids in Cusco and I found the card for a Indian Restaurant in San Blas. I’ll definitely be going there soon!

Allina with Qoriqancha in the background


xoxo,

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment