Friday, April 29, 2011

A sampling of Lima Events aka Sorry I'm behind!!

I once saw an old man with a walker wearing a shirt that said, "100% Natural, Sin Cirugía." I imagine that shirt is meant to be worn by a woman with a large chest to try and disprove rumours of her having plastic surgery, but it's so much funnier when an old man wears it. :)

Graffiti in Peru usually seems to be kind and say things like "Te Amo Natalie," but lately I've seen some really interesting graffiti in Lima. Examples:
Ollanta = Perro
Ollanta = Chavez
Ollanta = Dictador

5 de Abril, Dictadura nunca jamas (Referring to Fujimori's coup d'etat in
1992...meaning that they should never elect another Fujimori to the presidency)

Last Thursday Rachel, Olivia and I saw a movie (my first in a Peruvian cinema), Felinos de Africa. It was about Lions and Cheetahs. So good! We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Everything was closed during Semana Santa boooo

I went to Pinkberry for the first time because there is one in Parque Kennedy - So good!

Last week Rachel, Olivia, Kia, and I returned to the awesome menu place for lunch from the first time we went to Lima. Excellent food, as always. We all have realized how much we miss eating Peruvian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment